Before you hire a web designer like our services on the northern beaches of Sydney, it’s tempting to dive right in. However, make sure you have the following in place:
- A clear vision for your website.
- A detailed description of what you want your website to look like,
- A detailed breakdown of what services you require,
- enough budget to pay for the services you need.
Don’t worry, these important things aren’t particularly difficult, but they are essential. And in this article, we’re going to go through what you need to have in place before you invest in our northern beaches web design services.
Having a clear brand and logo identity in mind
When you're planning a new business website , there are a lot of things to think about before you even engage the services of a website designer. One of the most important things is creating a logo and developing a clear brand for your business. That might seem like something you can do after you've hired your website designer, but it's actually something you should be doing from the very beginning. Here are three reasons why:
1. A strong brand will help your website designer create a website that accurately represents your business.
2. A good logo will make your business more recognizable, which is important for online shoppers who might not be able to see your physical location.
3. Having a well-defined brand will help customers understand what it is that you do and what they can expect from your products or services.
What if you don’t have a logo or brand identity.
If you don't have any logo designs or brand concept you may think is suitable, then we can develop one together with you. But we will need to do so first before you redesign your website. Be sure to mention this during our discovery meeting session.
How to develop a clear vision of your website
Developing a clear vision for your website can be a challenge, but it's important to do so in order to make your website successful. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Define your goals and objectives.
What do you want your website to achieve? What are your priorities?
2. Establish who your target audience is.
Who are you trying to reach with your website?
3. Research your competition.
What are they doing that you can improve upon? What can you do differently to set yourself apart?
4. Create a style guide for your website.
This will help ensure that all the content on your website is consistent and looks professional.
5. Plan out the structure of your website.
How will it be organised? What pages will it include?
What if you don’t have a clear vision or are unsure where to start.
If you don't have a clear vision for your website and how it should work with your business, don't worry we will work with you to help bring out the vision and what your website needs to do for your business. Be sure to mention this during our discovery meeting session, you may need some help with defining the overall vision for your website.
How to write a detailed description of what you want your website to look like.
When creating a website, it is important to have a clear idea of what you want it to look like. This includes having a detailed description of the layout, design, and features. If you are not sure how to write such a description, here are some tips that can help.
Start by outlining the basic layout of your website. This should include the overall structure, as well as the position of each element on the page. Include details such as widths and heights, as well as spacing between elements.
Next, describe the design of your website. This should include the colours, fonts, and graphics that you want to use. Be specific about what you want each element to look like, and provide examples if possible.
Finally, list out the features that you want your website to have. This could include things like a contact form or social media integration and more.
What services do you require from your web designer?
When you are looking for a web designer, it is important to know what services you need. Some people need a basic website, while others need something more complex. Here are some of the services that you may require from your web designer:
- A basic website that includes a homepage, about us page, and contact information.
- A website that is responsive and looks good on all devices.
- A website with an eCommerce store that allows customers to purchase products online.
- A website with a custom design that reflects your brand or business identity.
- A website with custom animations or graphics that make it stand out from the competition.
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) so that your website appears near the top of search engine results pages.
- A blog or forum to engage with customers and potential customers.
Have a clear budget in mind for what it costs to hire a web designer.
When you are looking to hire a web designer, it is important to have a clear budget in mind for what it costs. This will help you stay within your budget and find the right designer for your project. There are a few things to consider when budgeting for a web design project, such as the cost of the designer's time, the cost of any outside resources required, and any fees that may be associated with the project.
It is important to remember that not all designers charge by the hour. Some may charge a flat fee for their services, while others may require a deposit before beginning work on your project. Be sure to ask any questions you have about pricing before hiring a designer, so there are no surprises later on.
How much do we charge for our web designing services
Typically our website projects start at $5,000 AUD however we do offer services and products for less, this is why it's important we get to understand your business and the requirements for your website, so we can quote a project amount before starting your website project.
In conclusion, before you hire a web designer, you need to make sure that you have a clear vision for your website, and that you have the necessary content and images ready to go. You also need to make sure that you have a budget in place, and that you are comfortable with the designer's payment terms. Finally, it's important to make sure that you have a good working relationship with the designer, and that you feel comfortable communicating with them.