Yep, 2022 is off and running (where does the time go!) and with a new year often comes an increase in website packages.
However, we frequently see a problem with prices increases. Businesses will typically “charge ahead” and just change the price on their customers, but wouldn’t it be nice if you got the heads-up in advance on a price increase.
So I just wanted to take a little time to explain why our prices are increasing in 2022 (because, to be honest, they really should) and how you can still lock onto our website packages at the current 2021 price, if you are considering upgrading your current website or getting a new website for your business.
Let’s be honest about prices.
We are increasing our website packages because we want to provide a better service for our customers. We want to make sure that you get the best value for your money and that you will be satisfied with your purchase.
So let’s break the website costs down for you.
Our website prices and services start at $800! Now, The current price for our current website packages starts at $1,980 and goes to approx $7,800.
Now, typically, a client will be packaged up with a website for between $1,980 and $4,500. We’ve been charging this much for the last 5 years.
However, the new pricing structure for website packages in 2022, will begin at $2,500 for entry level package services. We expect the average price for the custom website packages we create will be between $4,800 and $9,800.
That’s approx a 20% increase from our current prices. Now, that may sound like a lot but below I’ve broken down the main reasons we’ve increased our prices. We want to be as transparent with you as possible, and explain why this is.
- The main reason is that the cost of web development, hosting and software has increased significantly in recent years, and we need to adjust our prices to reflect these costs.
- We are actually focusing on fewer website packages per month. The reason is we want to ensure we are not rushing between lots of projects on the go, and our clients get the full attention and focus placed on their projects.
- As much as I’m an expert in my field, we do need to call in others from time to time who are also experts in their space. The cost of bringing on team members and contractors for our business is rising, and we need to be able to manage and cover these costs with the project. We don’t want to be in a position where we feel we are working on a project for less than the minimum wages.
- With the increase in prices, we will be able to become more flexible and offer extras, and services for your website which are better aligned with your business objectives.
- International exchange rates play havoc on website operation costs. We could charge USD/UK prices for an Australian business, but we don’t feel that is ethical or correct like some others in our space. However, we absorb the fluctuations, we need to be sure we are not negatively affected by future exchange rates.
When will our website prices increase?
The price increase will occur at the end of March 2022, and we’ll never charge this again for some time.
So what does this mean? Well, if you have been on the fence about getting your website updated, upgraded or just a new website, now is the time to get in touch, before we increase our prices.
Why are we justifying our price increase?
It would have been far easier for us to update our prices by stealth, without taking the time to write an article about it. However, we think being open and honest is a better approach to business.
The honest answer is transparency. It’s not easy for website designers and freelancers to increase their prices within a competitive landscape, and it’s not fun for customers to pay more than they have done before.
We wanted to explain exactly why we have to change things. We’re not raising our prices ‘just because’, we’re raising them for valid reasons. And all those reasons actually benefit you, the customer.
Our hope is that you continue to work with us and our transparency builds a long-lasting relationship with our customers.
How to work with us for a cheaper website price?
We won’t be increasing our prices until the end of March 2022. So this means, if you request a quote from us now until this date, you’ll be saving approx 20% on any increase going forward to your website packages.
It should also be noted, we will continue to offer affordable website payment plans for our customers. This is super popular and provides owners the opportunity to spread the cost of their website project.