It’s a common question we get asked: “How many pages should my website have?” The answer to this question is, unfortunately, not as straightforward as we would like it to be.
However, we can offer some guidelines to help you determine how many pages your website should have. First and foremost, your website should have enough pages to cover all the important topics related to your business. If you’re a small business, that might mean having a handful of pages (5-10), while larger businesses will likely need more (10-20 or more).
In addition to the number of pages, you’ll also want to consider the quality of your content. With that said, there is no magic number of pages that all websites must have, so use your best judgement to determine what is right for your business.
The important thing is to make sure each page on your website serves a purpose and contains quality content that will engage and inform your visitors.
WHAT CONTENT SHOULD I HAVE ON MY WEBSITE?
On a website, you’ll usually have the following pages:
- Home page
- About page
- Contact page
- Product/Service pages (if you run a business)
- Sitemap (if you have a large site)
Every page on your website should provide valuable information to your visitors. Some of the most important pages to have are your Contact and About pages.
The contact and about pages together give visitors important information about you or your business, and explain how you can be contacted and how long you’ve been in business.
Similar to these two, all other content on your website should answer questions and meet the needs of your visitors. If you get a specific contact form submission from visitors, make it easy for them to find that form on your website.
What makes a good home page on your website
When you’re planning a website, one of the most important decisions you’ll make is what to put on your home page. Your home page is the first thing visitors see, and it’s the best opportunity to introduce them to your business and get them interested in learning more. So what should you put on your home page?
There are a few key things to keep in mind. First, think about what you want visitors to do when they visit your website. Do you want them to buy something, sign up for a mailing list, or download a white paper? Whatever it is, make sure that your home page prominently features that call to action.
Second, make sure your home page is visually appealing and easy to navigate.
About your about page
As mentioned earlier, your about page is one of the most important pages on your website — and one of the most often overlooked. This is surprising, given that every business should know the value of explaining who they are and what they do.
Whether you’re starting a new business or rebranding an existing one, you should have an about page. Even large companies like google have “about” pages because there’s no better way to truly explain who you are and what you stand for.
We like to guide our clients to create an about page which shows some empathy and understanding towards the target audience, so they feel they are in good hands and the product or service that is offered matches the needs of what the clients are looking for.
Some things to consider to include on your page.
- Include a brief description of who you are and what your business is about
- Why you started your business,
- What you hope to achieve with your busiess
- What you want your visitors to take away from your website
- Any other information you feel is relevant, which shows how you can solve your customers problems
- A photo of yourself or your team. (Don’t use tacky stock images)
Best way to setup your contact page
When planning your website, the contact page is an important element to consider. The contact page should be easy to find and use, and should include all the necessary information for visitors to get in touch with you. Here are some tips for setting up your contact page:
1. Make sure the contact information is easy to find. The contact information should be prominently displayed on the page, preferably in the header or sidebar.
2. Include a variety of ways for people to get in touch with you. Include your email address, phone number, mailing address, and website URL.
3. Provide clear instructions on how to use the contact form. Make sure people know what information to provide in the form, and what they can expect once they submit it.
4. Test the contact form before publishing the page.
How do you a Product/Service page for your website?
When you are planning a website, one of the most important pages to create is the Product/Service page. This page allows customers to learn about what your business does and how it can help them. To create a Product/Service page that will be effective for your website, follow these tips:
- Start by describing what your business does. Be specific and make sure to list the products or services you offer.
- Explain how your products or services can help customers. Think about the benefits customers will receive by using your business.
- Describe what makes your products or services unique. Why should customers choose your business over others?
- Include photos or videos of your products or services in action. This will help customers visualise what they could receive if they use your business.
The importance of having a blog on your website
When you are planning a website, one of the most important decisions you’ll make is whether to include a blog. A blog can provide many benefits for your business website.
First, a blog can help you with web design. By including regular content on your site, you can keep it looking fresh and new. This will encourage visitors to keep coming back, and it may also help with your search engine ranking.
Second, a blog can be a great way to communicate with customers and clients. You can use it to announce new products or services, answer questions, provide tips and advice, and more. This personal touch can help build customer relationships and trust.
Finally, a blog can help you market your business. You can use it to share news about your company, post articles about your industry, and more.
In conclusion, the number of pages on a website should be based on the amount of content you have to offer and the purpose of the website. For a simple website, a home page, an about page, a contact page, and a blog should be sufficient. If you have more complex information to offer, you may need additional pages. The important thing is to keep the website organised and easy to navigate so that users can find what they’re looking for. Remember less is more when it comes to the web.